if you don't happen to take part in that system of illusions and self-deception, what you say is incomprehensible
vendredi, août 31, 2007
jeudi, août 30, 2007
mercredi, août 29, 2007
La guerre des sexes
Young women in New York and several of the nation’s other largest cities who work full time have forged ahead of men in wages, according to an analysis of recent census data.
For Young Earners in Big City, a Gap in Women’s Favor, Sam Roberts, 3 août 2007
De même que lorsque le taux de chômage des hommes a dépassé celui des femmes, de même que lorsque le ratio universitaire des femmes a dépassé 60 % ... la liste est longue. Mais le discours sur le patriarcat continue. Et pour cause: les femmes, des hommes. Il est facile d'envisager la suite: des sociétés d'hommes balayeurs et manutentionnaires et de femmes cadres et professionnelles, avec une minorité décroissante de mâles alphas au sommet. Et le discours sur le patriarcat continuera, tant que cette minorité ne sera pas disparue, une impossibilité.
Je pense à la tangente que tout cela prendra: japonaise ou indienne ? J'opte pour la japonaise, et qui sait, avec un peu de chance j'ai raison.
Her body is mostly bisexual, and her decision to be straight or gay, or neither, isn't biology so much as choice
The Vagina Dialogues, Sarah Fenske, 15 septembre 2005.
Je me rappelle le débat du 6 octobre 2006 à il va y avoir du sport. Josée Boileau y rageait. D'une part: les prix Nobels sont sexistes: les femmes n'en gagnent pas autant, et d'autre part, les écoles ne doivent pas changer: si les garçons y sont grandement perdants, c'est que... Notez l'inversion, la suppression de la rationalité que cette apposition demande. L'immoralité. Et les prix nobels représentent une élite (des), alors que l'école devrait être le lieu ultime de la démocratie (les).
Je rappelle que les femmes sont hypergames.
Libellés : féminisme
On en apprend tous les jours
The title song "Such Great Heights" has exhibited unusual staying power. It has consistently been one of the weekly top 5 most frequently played tracks on social music site Last.fm since the website began, holding the top spot for the majority of 2005. The song's reign in the top 10 ended in March 2007, when after the release of Arcade Fire album, Neon Bible, the song did not make it as the top 10 was predominantly songs from Neon Bible.
Such Great Heights, Wikipedia
Libellés : musique
jeudi, août 23, 2007
Rien à ajouter
L'Akratique est en pause, je fouille sur le blogue de Juan Cole à sa place.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Fox does unto Iran as it Did unto Iraq
Rupert Murdoch wants to kill your 18 year-olds in a fruitless war with Iran. Robert Greenwald's video shows how Faux Cable News is running the same scam on Iran that it ran on Iraq, with side by side footage so you can see the Goebbels techniques at work. Liberals don't like anything that smacks of censorship, but I really think our body public won't be safe from this nefarious media conspiracy until we mount an effective campaign of advertiser boycott against the corporations who underwrite this fascist horse manure.
Fox does unto Iran as it Did unto Iraq, Juan Cole, 23 août 2007
L'ami des médias ( d' Arnaud Lagardère)
Libellés : médias
mercredi, août 22, 2007
Nos amis canadiens du Qweebec 2
Janet Bagnall, voir Nos amis canadiens du Qweebec 1, remet ça:
En sous-titre de l'article: The U.S. and Australia have wrestled with, and overcome, their own crises. Hmmm c'est pas des pays ça ?
[...] we will in all probability have months of listening to native-born Quebecers excoriate the very people they presumably hoped would join them in forming an economically and culturally vibrant society.
Let’s hope this ends up being our starting point for the future : An acknowledgment that this country belongs to us all, to share in a spirit of mutual respect.
Quebecers could use a primer on the history of immigration, Janet Bagnall, 22 août 2007
Quebecers maintenant, après Quebekers, Qweebekois... this country indeed.
Libellés : québécophobie
lundi, août 20, 2007
Les ennemis de l'empire
1) Why were a handful of rebel fighters able to penetrate the defenses of a battle station that had the capability of destroying an entire planet and the defenses to ward off several fleets of battle ships?
2) Why did Grand Moff Tarkin refuse to deploy the station’s large fleet of TIE Fighters until it was too late? Was he acting on orders from somebody to not shoot down the rebel attack force? If so, who, and why?
3) Why was the rebel pilot who supposedly destroyed the Death Star reported to be on the Death Star days, maybe hours, prior to its destruction? Why was he allowed to escape, and why were several individuals dressed in Stormtrooper uniforms seen helping him?
4) Why has there not been an investigation into allegations that Darth Vader, the second-ranking member of the Imperial Government, is in fact the father of the pilot who allegedly destroyed the Death Star?
5) Why did Lord Vader decide to break all protocols and personally pilot a lightly armored TIE Fighter? Conveniently, this placed Lord Vader outside of the Death Star when it was destroyed, where he was also conveniently able to escape from a large-sized rebel fleet that had just routed the Imperial forces. Why would Lord Vader, one of the highest ranking members of the Imperial Government, suddenly decide to fly away from the Death Star in the middle of a battle? Did he know something that the rest of the Imperial Navy didn’t?
6) How could any pilot shoot a missile into a 2 meter-wide exhaust port, let alone a pilot with no formal training, whose only claim to fame was his ability to “bullseye womprats” on Tatooine? This shot, according to one pilot, would be “impossible, even for a computer.” Yet, according to additional evidence, the pilot who allegedly fired the missile turned off his targeting computer when he was supposedly firing the shot that destroyed the Death Star. Why have these discrepancies never been investigated, let alone explained?
7) Why has there been no investigation into evidence that the droids who provided the rebels with the Death Star plans were once owned by none other than Lord Vader himself, and were found, conveniently, by the pilot who destroyed the Death Star, and who is also believed to be Lord Vader’s son? Evidence also shows that the droids were brought to one Ben Kenobi, who, records indicate, was Darth Vader’s teacher many years earlier! Are all these personal connections between the conspirators and a key figure in the Imperial government supposed to be coincidences?
8) How could a single missile destroy a battle station the size of a moon? No records, anywhere, show that any battle station or capital ship has ever been destroyed by a single missile. Furthermore, analysis of the tape of the last moments of the Death Star show numerous small explosions along its surface, prior to it exploding completely! Why does all evidence indicate that strategically placed explosives, not a single missile, is what destroyed the Death Star?
Uncomfortable Questions: Was the Death Star Attack an Inside Job?, Websurdity, 28 fevrier 2007
jeudi, août 16, 2007
Les Louisianais ont été les cobayes, et savent prendre la réelle mesure des choses.
The open announcement of a program on behalf of the federal government that is recruiting clergy to aid the authorities in "quelling dissent," gun confiscation and forced relocation in the event of martial law has many worried that the current economic plunge could be the precursor for a state of emergency in America.
Economic Collapse As Precursor To Open Plan For Martial Law?, Paul Joseph Watson, 16 août 2007
Divertissant: Émission Spéciale: le triangle est constitué, Alex Jones, 16 août 2007
Libellés : alex jones
mercredi, août 15, 2007
Cheney en 1994
mardi, août 14, 2007
Être plus drôle que sa version SNL
Chris Matthews de Hardball, à MSNBC:
Does [Fred Thompson] have sex appeal? I'm looking at this guy and I'm trying to find out the new order of things, and what works for women and what doesn't. Does this guy have some sort of thing going for him that I should notice? . . .
Gene, do you think there's a sex appeal for this guy, this sort of mature, older man, you know? He looks sort of seasoned and in charge of himself. What is this appeal? Because I keep star quality. You were throwing the word out, shining star, Ana Marie, before I checked you on it. . . .
Can you smell the English leather on this guy, the Aqua Velva, the sort of mature man's shaving cream, or whatever, you know, after he shaved? Do you smell that sort of -- a little bit of cigar smoke? You know, whatever.
Chris Matthews on Fred Thompson's sexiness and smells, 14 juin 2007, Glenn Greenwald
via-1 Jesus' General
Libellés : hmmmm
Bon alors que faire
Wikipedia Scanner -- the brainchild of Cal Tech computation and neural-systems graduate student Virgil Griffith -- offers users a searchable database that ties millions of anonymous Wikipedia edits to organizations where those edits apparently originated, by cross-referencing the edits with data on who owns the associated block of internet IP addresses.
Inspired by news last year that Congress members' offices had been editing their own entries, Griffith says he got curious, and wanted to know whether big companies and other organizations were doing things in a similarly self-interested vein.
"Everything's better if you do it on a huge scale, and automate it," he says with a grin.
See Who's Editing Wikipedia - Diebold, the CIA, a Campaign, John Borland, 14 août 2007
Libellés : internet
jeudi, août 09, 2007
On va gagner par asphyxie?
the strength of the sovereignist movement is inversely related to the amount of venom its luminaries are willing to spit at Quebecers themselves -- which is a whole lot these days, if Pierre Falardeau's mouth is any indication. "Quebecers are messed up," he says of the people he claims to love. "They've always been messed up and they are still messed up. To read the media we have, it's not surprising that people are such cretins."
It is a breathlessly presumptuous argument: all French Quebecers, Falaradeau and company argue, want separatism; they're just too weak-willed to achieve it.
The end of Separatism?, The movement is weak, and is turning on the ordinary Quebecer, Martin Patriquin, 13 août 2007
Libellés : indépendance
|La Patrie||La Santé|